Case Study – Installing Door Intercom Systems in Bedfordshire
Door intercom systems are a popular, easily installed security system. They offer two-way communication between visitors to apartments, or offices and the residents or staff inside. Once the visitor’s identity has been verified – using either audio or video communication – visitors can be buzzed through.
This particular security system has a variety of names, such as entry panel, door entry system, or smart door bell, and each model comes with a range of functions and specifications. When installing door intercom systems in Bedfordshire, 1st Choice engineers always begin by working through a checklist to ensure that clients have exactly the system they require.
Checklist for Door Intercom Systems
There are 7 questions we ask to clarify our clients’ requirements:
- How Many Devices? This depends on the size and complexity of the premises being secured. A school, for example, will need far more intercoms than a private residential home. 1st Choice can carry out an audit to determine the number required.
- Audio or Video or Both? All intercom systems are audio, and often that is sufficient. However, for enhanced identification, there are intercoms fitted with cameras.
- What Functionality? Intercoms can provide visitors with buttons for specific flats, or locations. Or they can provide a keypad allowing access to anyone with the code.
- Types of Authentication. Often an intercom system also behaves as access control, allowing identification using a card or fob, PIN code, or biometrics.
- How Many Users? There are intercoms designed specifically for smaller premises, and for larger premises. The number of people using the intercom will determine your choice of model.
- What Installation Format? Door intercom systems can be surface mounted (a slim box sits on the wall), or flush mounted (the panel sits flush with the wall).
- What Does it Look Like? The aesthetics of your intercom system matters, as it offers a clear indication of your security stance. You may choose a practical looking ‘vandal resistant’ model, or one that offers a friendly and engaging welcome for visitors.
Case Study – Installing 2 Door Intercom Systems in Bedfordshire
Here are two examples of different types of intercom system:
CAME BPT UK Stainless Steel Intercom System
This was installed for a property management client who wanted an audio intercom system to serve an apartment block. The model selected sits flush to the wall and looks smart but functional. There are call buttons for each of the 21 flats, and there is an additional ‘Trades’ button. Each of the flats was fitted with an audio handset.
Hikvision UK & Ireland Intercom System
The Hikvision intercom was installed on commercial premises. It includes a camera module which allows our client to manage identification and access to premises from the comfort of their own home. The device is surface mounted on the gatepost, and communications are received via a smart screen.
Working With 1st Choice Security Systems
1st Choice Security Systems use a job management system to ensure maximum efficiency on all our door intercom systems installations. Our vans are always fully stocked to guarantee 1st time fixes where possible and if you need us in an emergency, we’re available 24 hours. We’re a Came Safe Contractor, and SafeContractor approved. We work to the ISO2001-2015 standard.
In need of CAMESAFE CCTV systems?
Our CAMESAFE Installers have vast knowledge and experience to be able to offer the required security solutions and automation safety for all our security systems.
If you’re considering installing an intercom system, or you need maintenance and repairs on your existing device call 1st Choice Security Systems today on 0800 1182414
1st Choice Security Systems - The quality is top rate and the gate looks fantastic, excellent customer service. Thank you–Rebecca Perks
1st Choice Security Systems - When I was looking for a state of the art security solution for my house, I was provided with an in-depth site survey & Consultation (Free of charge) before being given a fantastic service. I am very impressed and would highly recommend.–Dev Patel