Commercial CCTV Installers
For nearly two decades now, 1st Choice Security Systems has been securing commercial premises across Bedfordshire, the Home Counties and North London. Commercial CCTV systems are one of our most popular installations because they act as a deterrent, and provide clear evidence should criminal activity occur. As professional commercial CCTV installers there are a number of questions we get asked regularly, so this blog will provide key information in answer to those queries.
How Many CCTV Cameras Does a Commercial Premises Need?
There’s no standard answer for this one. When a commercial client contacts us about CCTV, our installation team will always start out with a site visit. This includes a free security audit which assesses existing security measures, and plots site vulnerabilities. We make recommendations for the CCTV security required, based on the specifics of your site.
Where Should CCTV Cameras be Positioned?
As commercial CCTV installers these are the key commercial locations which we would highlight:
- Security Gates. If you have electric gates fitted, their security function can be effectively enhanced by the installation of CCTV. This acts as a powerful deterrent to opportunist criminals who are likely to choose ‘easy’ targets.
- Entrance to Business Buildings. If criminals are targeting a business, they’re likely to use tailgating techniques to gain access. CCTV may not be able to stop them, but it will identify perpetrators.
- Reception Area. This is usually a busy area with people gain accessing and leaving the premises throughout the day. As such, it’s a prime location for CCTV cameras that can pick up anyone acting suspiciously.
- Warehouse Facilities. Warehouses tend to be a prime target for criminals as they’re the place where high-value goods are stored. 1st Choice recommends keeping warehouse CCTV hidden so that criminals never know when they’re being watched.
- IT Storage. Many businesses have their own servers; the room where they’re kept often double as safe storage for paper files and sensitive documents. Theft of IT data is now more prevalent, so it’s well worth having CCTV camera trained on your servers.
What Height and Angle is Best for CCTV Cameras?
This differs dependent upon what is being protected. However, we would always recommend that cameras are mounted between 2m-5m. Any lower and they are subject the vandalism. Any higher and you risk pixelation. For smaller areas a CCTV camera with a 2.8mm lens will allow for a 90º viewing angle. In larger areas a 16mm lens would be required, offering a 16 – 17º angle.
Why Choose 1st Choice Commercial CCTV Installers
1st Choice Security Systems are skilled and experienced commercial CCTV installers. We currently work in a range of locations including schools, higher education facilities, retail, office buildings, distribution centres and warehousing. Every member of the team is DBS checked, and 1st Choice is SafeContractor approved.
If you’re considering fitting commercial CCTV, or you need maintenance and repairs call 1st Choice Security Systems today on 0800 1182414
1st Choice Security Systems - The quality is top rate and the gate looks fantastic, excellent customer service. Thank you–Rebecca Perks
1st Choice Security Systems - When I was looking for a state of the art security solution for my house, I was provided with an in-depth site survey & Consultation (Free of charge) before being given a fantastic service. I am very impressed and would highly recommend.–Dev Patel