1st Choice Installs Driveway Security Gates in North London
One unexpected benefit of the recent lockdown was the positive effect it had on North London burglary stats. With more people working at home, or simply unable to go out to work, burglaries between March 2020, and February 2021 dropped by a massive 21%. Despite this, North London remains a UK hotspot with 6.8K incidents reported in the same period, but any drop in crime figures is certainly good news
Lockdown also seems to have given residents the opportunity to install, refurbish or repair their driveway security gates in North London. The 1st Choice Security Systems team has been kept busy designing electric gates for a range of residential driveways. In this blog, we take a look at the variety of materials we use, and the ways in which we accommodate different shapes and sizes of driveway.
What Material To Choose For Your Security Gates
One of the concerns we hear quite often from clients is that driveway security gates will ‘spoil’ the look of the property. In our experience the opposite is true. With the fantastic range of materials and designs now available, security gates enhance North London properties, and – in many cases – enhance the value of the property as well. The 1st Choice team create security gates for North London homes in the following materials:
- Wooden Driveway Gates – wood is an extremely popular choice and there’s a range of textures, colours and prices to choose from.
- Metal Security Gates – we design filigree wrought iron gates, corrosion resistant steel gates, and elegant, contemporary aluminium gates with a powder coat finish.
Fitting Your Security Gate to the Shape of Your Driveway
No two driveways are the same, which is why 1st Choice designers create a bespoke design for each client. The depth of your driveway, its gradient and the width of the opening will all have a bearing on the design of your driveway security gates. Here’s 4 of the solutions we we work with when designing for our North London clients:
- Swing Gates. These need to open inward off the pavement, which means that you need space to accommodate the arc of the gate. If this isn’t available, but you love the swing gate aesthetic, we can create a bi-folding gate. These look like the traditional swing gate but they’re hinged to halve the depth of the arc created.
- Sliding Gates. If your driveway is built on an incline, or it’s too shallow for a swing gate, a sliding gate offers a sleek alternative. The gate runs on a track that extends laterally beyond the width of your driveway opening. You do need space to the side of your driveway in order to install this.
- Gates That Slide Round Corners. Many North London properties have driveways bounded by perimeter walls. We design sliding gates, made up of a number of panels, that will hug the contour of your driveway boundaries.
- Telescopic Design. If you have space to accommodate a sliding gate on one side of your driveway, but not the other, we can create a telescopic mechanism to overcome the problem. Two parallel panels run on tracks from one side of the driveway. The first panel runs to halfway across the opening, the second extends to fill the opening.
Working With 1st Choice Security Systems
1st Choice Security Systems knows how important it is to be able trust installers working in your home. All our engineers are DBS checked, SafeContractor approved, SSAIB approved, and we’re a DHF member. We work to the ISO2001-2015 standard. Should you need us in an emergency, we are available 24 hours.
In need of CAMESAFE CCTV systems?
Our CAMESAFE Installers have vast knowledge and experience to be able to offer the required security solutions and automation safety for all our security systems.
If you need assistance with residential driveway security gates in North London call 1st Choice Security Systems today on 0800 1182414.
1st Choice Security Systems - The quality is top rate and the gate looks fantastic, excellent customer service. Thank you–Rebecca Perks
1st Choice Security Systems - When I was looking for a state of the art security solution for my house, I was provided with an in-depth site survey & Consultation (Free of charge) before being given a fantastic service. I am very impressed and would highly recommend.–Dev Patel