4 Reasons to Fit Home Security Gates in Bedford
Over the past 15 years, 1st Choice Security Systems installers have fitted hundreds of driveway gates in Bedfordshire. During that time the choice of designs has grown, styles have shifted, but the reasons why home owners have home security gates in Bedford fitted have stayed pretty stable. In this blog we take a look at the top 4 reasons our customers give for deciding on installing automatic gates.
1. Driveway Gates Set a Tone for the Property
The appearance of your home security gates in Bedford makes a statement about your property and your style choices. Security gates don’t have to make your home look like a fortress. Many of our clients use them to increase the kerb appeal of their property, and enhance the exterior appearance of their home.
- Timber Gates. The natural warmth of wooden gates provides a good looking welcome for rural properties, barn conversions, or cottages.
- Wrought Iron. This traditional approach to driveway gates works well with any property, but clients tend to favour them for Victorian, or red brick homes.
- Aluminium. The clean decorative lines of strong aluminium gates provide an art deco vibe for 20th century and new build properties.
2. Home Security Gates Protect Your Family
Security gates move the ‘front line’ for your property away from the front door, to your drive. This increases your control over uninvited guests, and protects your children or older relatives from doorstop scams. 1st Choice recommends a range of security enhancements for comprehensive protection of your family:
- Residential CCTV. Professionally installed CCTV cameras covering your home’s exterior provide extra peace of mind.
- Door Entry System. This ensures that any uninvited guests are identified via audio or video before being granted access.
- Intruder Alarm. Sensor based alarms provide a warning system, should criminals attempt to force entry to your property.
3. Driveway Gates Raise Property Prices
There’s no doubt that a professionally installed, good looking driveway gate will add to the sale value of your home. The reason for this is two-fold. First, buyers get a stylish introduction to your property as they approach. Second, security sells. A secure, attractive driveway gate gives potential buyers a sense of safety and security for their family – which makes the property instantly more attractive.
4. Automatic Gates Increase Privacy
One of the things to consider when designing your gates is how much you intend to use the area in front of your home. If you are planning a garden for family use it’s worth looking for a more sturdy wooden or metal design as this will stop passers-by being able to observe what’s going on beyond them. Wrought iron gates look stunning, but they don’t offer the same level of privacy.
About 1st Choice Security Systems
1st Choice Security Systems knows how important it is to be able trust installers working in your home. All our engineers are DBS checked, SafeContractor approved, SSAIB approved, and we’re a DHF member. We work to the ISO2001-2015 standard. Should you need us in an emergency, we are available 24 hours.
In need of CAMESAFE CCTV systems?
Our CAMESAFE Installers have vast knowledge and experience to be able to offer the required security solutions and automation safety for all our security systems.
If you need assistance with residential electric gates or security systems call 1st Choice Security Systems today on 0800 1182414.
1st Choice Security Systems - The quality is top rate and the gate looks fantastic, excellent customer service. Thank you–Rebecca Perks
1st Choice Security Systems - When I was looking for a state of the art security solution for my house, I was provided with an in-depth site survey & Consultation (Free of charge) before being given a fantastic service. I am very impressed and would highly recommend.–Dev Patel