Good Looking Security Gates for Driveway Access
We all want our family to be secure within their home, but that doesn’t have to mean that we build a fortress round them. Modern security gates are good looking, and can easily be customised, whilst still doing an excellent job of protecting the household. If you’re look in for automatic driveway gates that integrate with your property’s aesthetic, whilst keeping criminals at bay, 1st Choice Security Systems has the solution.
Effective Security Gates for Driveway Access
Police advice to households wanting to reduce the risk of crime always includes the installation of driveway gates. The presence of gates sends a clear message to burglars that security is firmly on the agenda. In the majority of cases this is enough to dissuade the opportunist criminal, vandal or doorstep scammer. In order to lower the risk even further, 1st Choice Security System engineers recommend the integration of:
- Residential CCTV providing 24 hour surveillance of your driveway, and evidence that can be used in court, should an intrusion occur.
- Door Entry System allowing family members to communicate with visitors via video or audio, before granting them access to your property.
What Style of Security Gate is Right for Your Property?
It would be great if every driveway was a standard width and depth, but that’s certainly not the case. So, we tailor the shape and operating mechanism of our electric gates to fit your driveway:
- Swing Gates. If you have a driveway deep and level enough to allow for the arc of a swing gate, this is a popular, durable choice.
- Sliding Gates. Where your driveway presents an incline, or is not deep enough to accommodate a swing gate, sliding gates are the ideal solution.
- Folding Gates. Where the driveway lacks width and depth, 1st Choice can install folding gates for driveways, utilising an elegant bi fold mechanism.
How Do You Want Your Security Gate to Look?
For many 1st Choice clients, how their security gates look is as important as the protection they provide. We create bespoke gates designed to the specific requirements of a property. Automatic gates for driveways tend to be made out of wood, or metal, and they can be customised to incorporate personal design and a finish that matches your home’s exterior.
1. Wooden Security Gates
Wooden electric gates add distinction and elegance to your property. No matter whether your home is period or modern, the charm and versatility of wood is undeniable. 1st Choice security gates for driveway installation are made from either soft or hard woods:
- Hardwoods such as Meranti, European Oak, or Idigbo are strong and durable. Hardwood tends to be popular because of its appearance; it has less knots which allows the distinctive beauty of the grain to show through.
- Softwoods, offer an attractive alternative to hardwoods. Western Red Cedar or Accoya (a treated Pine) are the most durable of the softwoods, as well as being good-looking, making either one a great option for driveway gates.
Wooden gates are more susceptible to the weather and will need staining or painting every 2 to 3 years.
2. Metal Security Gates
The elegant minimalism of metal gates offers a contemporary look to your driveway. Metal is strong, durable and requires very little maintenance:
- Steel Driveway Gates. There are numerous automated steel gate designs now available, and they can be finished to match with the external décor of your property. The natural strength and corrosion-resistance of steel, makes it a durable choice for your gates.
- Aluminium Driveway Gates. An aluminium automated gate won’t crack, discolour, warp or corrode. This strong, lightweight material which will last for decades. Our aluminium driveway gates can be powder coated for the colour finish you require.
What is the most Secure Gate?
The answer to this question is less to do with the materials you choose for your security gates, and more to do with the expertise of the installation. An established, professional company understands how to secure your home, and will custom build your driveway gates to ensure that all vulnerabilities are closed to opportunistic intruders.
1st Choice Security Systems offers every client a free security audit prior to designing and installing automatic gates. Our experienced security engineers assess the current vulnerabilities on your premises and offer a range of recommendations for lowering the risk of criminal activity. The audit allows us to determine the optimum design of your security gates for driveway access.
Working With 1st Choice Security Systems
The team at 1st Choice Security Systems knows how important it is for our residential clients to be able trust installers working in or near the home. For this reason, all our engineers are DBS checked, SafeContractor approved, SSAIB approved, and the business is a DHF member. We work to the ISO2001-2015 standard.
Are you thinking of installing security gates for driveway access? Call 1st Choice Security Systems to speak to one of our designers today on 0800 1182414.