An Introduction to Electric Driveway Gates
Electric driveway gates are hugely popular with homeowners because they solve three problems with just one solution:
- Enhanced Security and Privacy. Driveway gates offer a front line of defence from unwelcome visitors, as well as keeping your property frontage secluded and private.
- Kerb Appeal. Wrought iron, aluminium or timber gates look great and can be designed and finished to integrate with the style of your home.
- Increased Property Value. A property with driveway gates will attract more viewers and increase the price people are willing to pay. They’re a great differentiator.
1st Choice Security Systems has been designing and installing electric driveway gates for nearly two decades now. Our introduction to driveway gates will take you through all the steps to consider when installing them.
Swing or Sliding Driveway Gates?
Every driveway is unique, and the dimensions of your specific driveway will determine whether a swing or sliding gate would work best. Swing gates require a level driveway which can accommodate the arc of the gate. Sliding gates are a great alternative for shallow, or inclined driveways.
1st Choice can be relied upon to come up with a creative solution even if you have a very small driveway. We regularly fit telescopic sliding gates, or bi-fold swing gates to accommodate customers’ preferences or spatial requirements.
Wood or Metal Gates?
The most popular materials for driveway electric gates are currently aluminium, timber, or wrought iron. Aluminium is light, looks contemporary, and can be finished in a range of stunning colours. Timber comes in a range of light and dark woods and tends to suit traditional properties. Wrought iron filagree fits just about any property and is a really beautiful enhancement to your home.
Which Electric Gate System?
1st Choice create bespoke electric gate systems which fulfil the needs of our customers. All our electric gate systems offer excellent performance and durability, with the following features available:
- Manual override in case of break down, or power cuts.
- Safety edges which detect any objects, or obstacles when gates are operating.
- A loop cable system embedded in the driveways which detects a vehicles passing over it and operates the gates automatically.
- Entry systems such as an intercom, keypad, or audio/video communication between the gate and the house.
What Kind of Gate Design?
Once you know the material and operation of your gate, you can make decisions about the particular design that would suit your home. Considerations will include whether or not you want passers by to be able to see through your gates or not, what kind of design would integrate well with the architecture of your home, and whether you want to finish your gate in a particular colour.
Working With 1st Choice Security Systems
The 1st Choice Security Systems team knows how important it is to be able trust installers working in your home. All our engineers are DBS checked, SafeContractor approved, SSAIB approved, and we’re a DHF member. We work to the ISO2001-2015 standard. Should you need us in an emergency, we are available 24 hours.
In need of CAMESAFE CCTV systems?
Our CAMESAFE Installers have vast knowledge and experience to be able to offer the required security solutions and automation safety for all our security systems.
If you would like to talk to one of our designers about electric driveway gates call 1st Choice Security Systems today on 0800 1182414.
1st Choice Security Systems - The quality is top rate and the gate looks fantastic, excellent customer service. Thank you–Rebecca Perks
1st Choice Security Systems - When I was looking for a state of the art security solution for my house, I was provided with an in-depth site survey & Consultation (Free of charge) before being given a fantastic service. I am very impressed and would highly recommend.–Dev Patel