Sturdy, Secure and Good-Looking – 3 Reasons to Choose Electric Wooden Gates
In an uncertain world, the safety and security of your home and loved ones is more important than ever. Whether your concern is for older parents who may be vulnerable to doorstep scammers, or for family members having to deal with intruders or trespassers, automated wooden gates provide a bespoke solution for Bedfordshire households.
1st Choice Security Systems designs and installs automated wooden gates that are a formidable deterrent to potential intruders. Not only that, our high-quality materials and designs ensure your property is protected without you having to compromise on style. And, of course, tedious manual gate operation becomes a thing of the past, thanks to our cutting-edge automation technology.
Interested? Read on to find out all you need to know about electric wooden gates.
Good Looking Automated Wooden Gates
Would a softwood, or a hardwood suit your property better? There are so many beautiful colours and textures to choose from, here’s a taster to whet your appetite:
Hardwood is the sturdier option for driveway gates, demanding less maintenance. It’s often preferred due to its smoother appearance with their knots and more distinct grain than softwood. Popular hardwood choices include:
- Redwood. Renowned for its sturdiness and attractive appearance, redwood usually undergoes pressure treatment to augment its resilience against pests and fungi.
- Iroko. Offering incredible durability that spans decades, Iroko comes in attractive hues ranging from yellowish-brown to dark brown, showcasing distinctive interlocking grain patterns.
- Oak. European oak is celebrated for its density and heightened tannin content. It’s exceptionally robust and acts as a natural shield against insect invasions and fungal assaults. The traditional appeal of oak goes some way to explain its high price tag.
While softwood is less durable than hardwood, its affordability is a compelling factor. Among our recommendations, Accoya or Red Cedar stand out for their enduring charm:
- Red Cedar. The rich oil content of this wood bestows it with a distinctive fragrance and inherent resilience against insects and fungal intrusions. Its natural ageing process adds a captivating silver gleam to the surface, eliminating the need for protective coatings. Applying preservatives can further fortify its defences.
- Treated Pine. Pine is a widely used and budget-friendly choice for driveway gate design. It requires a protective finish and ongoing care to ensure its endurance as a typical softwood.
- Accoya. A member of the pine family, Accoya looks stunning, and its treatment with acetic acid imparts remarkable strength and longevity.
Design Options For Automated Wooden Gates
Wooden gate designs can be customised to enhance the curb appeal of your property. The operation of your gates will, to some extent, be determined by the depth of your driveway and whether or not your drive is set at an incline. Here are some of the choices we can offer our Bedfordshire clients:
- Sliding Gate. If your driveway lacks the required depth for a swing gate, the sliding gate is a sophisticated alternative. It slides horizontally along a track, saving space, and operating seamlessly.
- Swing Gates. This traditional design is made up of two wooden panels that swing open from the centre. It offers a natural welcome to guests entering your home.
- Curved Gates. Integrating curves into your electric wooden gates design draws the eye to the grain and colouration of the wood.
- Minimalist Gates. For contemporary homes, minimalist wooden gates create a sleek and elegant design featuring clean, crisp lines.
Other Benefits of Wooden Driveway Gates
Driveway gates give you complete control over access to your property, all from the comfort of your home. Our door entry systems allow you to vet unexpected visitors to your home, and residential CCTV offers an effective deterrent against opportunity intruders.
Our automated gates enhance privacy by allowing controlled entry, preventing unsolicited interruptions. They offer an ideal solution to concerns about keeping pets and children safely within the parameters of your home.
Finally choosing wooden gates helps to preserve the planet. Wood, as a renewable resource, makes electric wooden gates a sustainable and responsible choice.
Maintaining Wooden Electric Gates
1st Choice recommends regular maintenance for your automated wooden gates in order to maintain both the beauty of the wood, and their optimal performance. Lubricating hinges and motors wards off friction-related malfunctions, enhancing smooth operation. Cleaning and resealing the wood will safeguard against moisture penetration and decay, upholding the gate’s aesthetic appeal.
We can offer regular maintenance of your gate’s operational components. This will maintain performance, and guarantee detection of early signs of potential issues, preventing costly repairs.
Working With 1st Choice – Bespoke Wooden Gates
The installation of automated wooden gates is a long-term investment for your home, which is why your choice of designer/installer is so important. 1st Choice Security Systems has been providing bespoke driveway gates to customers in Bedfordshire since 2006. We have a great reputation for our bespoke design, installation, and customer service.
We understand how important it is to be able trust installers fitting electric gates near your home. All our engineers are DBS checked, SafeContractor approved, and SSAIB approved. We use a job management system to ensure maximum efficiency and we work to the ISO2001-2015 standard.
In need of CAMESAFE CCTV systems?
Our CAMESAFE Installers have vast knowledge and experience to be able to offer the required security solutions and automation safety for all our security systems.
Would you like to speak to 1st Choice electric gate installers about automated wooden gates for your driveway? Call us today on 0800 1182414
1st Choice Security Systems - The quality is top rate and the gate looks fantastic, excellent customer service. Thank you–Rebecca Perks
1st Choice Security Systems - When I was looking for a state of the art security solution for my house, I was provided with an in-depth site survey & Consultation (Free of charge) before being given a fantastic service. I am very impressed and would highly recommend.–Dev Patel