Looking for Electric Gate Repairs in North London?
Electric gates do good work in inclement conditions. They’re out in rain, wind, snow, and frost; it’s no wonder that from time to time they need repairs. Despite all that, it tends to come as a bit of a surprise when they grind to a halt. Whatever the weather, 1st Choice Security Systems regularly provides electric gate repairs in North London.
What Kind of Faults Do 1st Choice Engineers Repair?
Most gate repairs come down to 4 common problems:
- The Gate Won’t Open Remotely. Gate motors take a good deal of punishment from the weather. It’s often the case that electrical components fail due to the ongoinf impact of frost, snow or rain We regularly deal with faults in gate release keypads and photocells, control boards and access control intercoms.
- The Gates Don’t Align Properly. More and more goods get delivered to our doors, which means the volume of traffic through automatic driveway gates increases. As does the likelihood of knocks and bumps. 1st Choice often repairs hinges because of impact damage. If the motor has been hit, it could mean a new gate.
- The Motor is Waterlogged. Gate motors can be installed above or below ground. A below ground motor needs adequate drainage if it’s not to become waterlogged and stop working. A motor that has been flooded will need replacing, and adequate drainage installed.
- Just Won’t Work. A surprising number of our electric gate repairs in North London are caused by slugs. Yes, slugs! The electric control panel is very attractive to them, so it seems.
Our North London clients want an immediate fix for their electric gates, so that’s what we aim to provide. 1st Choice vans are stocked with all the equipment required to repair gates on our first visit. 99% of the time our security engineers are able to get the gates working again without having to schedule in further visits.
Do You Have an Electric Gates Maintenance Schedule?
We always recommend annual maintenance for your electric gates. Many of our clients have spent ages ringing round to find gates repairs. This can be avoided by booking in yearly maintenance, which can cover emergency repairs, too. Driveway gates are an investment that needs protecting, and preventive maintenance can help you avoid ongoing emergency call-out fees.
1st Choice Security Systems maintenance will check:
- Safety devices working properly
- Gateposts, gates, and hinges are sound
- Moving parts are lubricated
- Control cabinet and wiring in good condition
- Induction loop is working efficiently
- Fixings and bracket are in place and are secure
- Foundation boxes are given a thorough clean
- Security systems such as access control, intercom or CCTV are tested
Working With 1st Choice Security Systems
1st Choice Security Systems knows how important it is to be able trust installers working in or near your home. All our engineers are DBS checked, SafeContractor approved, SSAIB approved, and we’re a DHF member. We work to the ISO2001-2015 standard. Should you need us in an emergency, we are available 24 hours.
In need of CAMESAFE CCTV systems?
Our CAMESAFE Installers have vast knowledge and experience to be able to offer the required security solutions and automation safety for all our security systems.
If you need assistance with electric gate repairs in North London, or you’re interested in installing automatic driveway gates call 1st Choice Security Systems today on 0800 1182414.
1st Choice Security Systems - The quality is top rate and the gate looks fantastic, excellent customer service. Thank you–Rebecca Perks
1st Choice Security Systems - When I was looking for a state of the art security solution for my house, I was provided with an in-depth site survey & Consultation (Free of charge) before being given a fantastic service. I am very impressed and would highly recommend.–Dev Patel