4 Key Considerations for Choosing the Perfect Electric Gates
Electric gates are an excellent choice for enhancing home security, ensuring privacy, and adding a touch of elegance to your property. Thanks to increasing demand for driveway electric gates, the options available to our clients have multiplied, and 1st Choice Security Systems designs bespoke electric gates for driveways of all sizes and shapes.
At 1st Choice Security Systems, we’ve been designing and installing custom driveway gates for over a decade, recognising that each driveway is unique. Our designs consider factors like size, dimensions, nearby obstacles, and proximity to the pavement and road. In this article we take a look at four key considerations for choosing the perfect electric gates for your driveway.
4 Considerations When Installing Electric Gates
To create the perfect gate for your home, the 1st Choice team asks four essential questions to guide the design, security features, and additional system components.
1. Why Electric Gates?
Thinking carefully about this question will help you to define the types of gates that would best serve your vision. In our experience, there are 4 main reasons clients choose to install automatic driveway gates:
- Security. Electric gates are an excellent way to keep intruders out, but they also serve to protect vulnerable members of your family, such as elderly people and children. Additionally, they allow a secure space for pets to exercise. Electric gates are your first line of defence, as only authorised visitors can pass through.
- Convenience. Electric gates put an end to the inconvenience of opening gates manually at the end of a long day. Instead, you’ll enjoy the luxury of gates that open at the simple press of a button, or via your mobile phone.
- Aesthetics. Want to add kerb appeal to your property? The 1st Choice team designs bespoke gates that enhance the style of your property and offer a memorable welcome to your guests.
- Privacy. Driveway gates place a stylish barrier between your home or business premises and the outside world. We can design gates that meet your specific requirements in terms of height and design, to safeguard your privacy.
2. Swing or Sliding Gates
The depth, width and surface incline of your driveway will have an impact on your choice of wing gates or sliding gates. A traditional swing gate requires a deep driveway in order to allow for the arc of the gate as it opens inwards. However, a bi-folding gate offers a solution, as it halves the depth required for swing gate operation.
Sliding gates are ideal for shallow, or inclined driveways. These run along a fixed track, with the gate’s weight being borne by the wheels. Elegant sliding gates can be single, paired, or telescopic for limited lateral space.
If you have a small driveway, there are a number of ways that we can customise your gates to accommodate the space you have.
3. Wood or Metal Gates?
There are a number of options when considering the material your electric driveway gates will be made of:
- Wrought iron automatic driveway gates blend timeless elegance with modern convenience, enhancing security and aesthetics. Durable and low maintenance, they offer lasting value. These gates blend functionality and a sophisticated entrance to your property.
- Timber electric driveway gates offer both a natural beauty with cutting-edge automation. Created from sustainable materials, they exude warmth and character. The customisable designs are particularly suited to traditional properties but can also be designed to enhance diverse architectural styles.
- Automated aluminium gates epitomise contemporary elegance, combining sleek design with robust security features. Lightweight yet durable, they require minimal maintenance, ensuring long-lasting appeal. The material’s resistance to corrosion makes these gates ideal for the British climate.
4. What Additional Features Do You Need?
At 1st Choice we can tailor your gate to your specific requirements:
- CCTV Security. Integrated CCTV further secures your electric gates against intruders and trespassers. CCTV provides visual identification of visitors, so you can control who enters your property.
- Access Control. Your electric gates can be operated using a keypad, fob, or mobile app. We can run through the options and decide which is right for you.
- Safety Features. What kinds of safety features do you require? Our designs take into account the safety of children, pets and vulnerable people who may be using the gate.
- Power Failure. Our gates are fitted with a manual override, in case of a power cut.
Working With 1st Choice Security Systems
Our security gates are durable; they do, however, take a good deal of punishment from the weather. For this reason, 1St Choice recommends regular gate maintenance to ensure that the mechanism provides ongoing optimal performance. Well maintained gates can be relied upon to do their work of providing convenience, style, and security for over a decade.
Trust is paramount when it comes to installers working in your home. At 1st Choice Security Systems, all our engineers are DBS checked, SafeContractor approved, SSAIB approved, and we adhere to the ISO2001-2015 standard. We offer maintenance packages for electric driveway gates, ensuring they function optimally. In case of emergencies, we’re available 24/7.
In need of CAMESAFE CCTV systems?
Our CAMESAFE Installers have vast knowledge and experience to be able to offer the required security solutions and automation safety for all our security systems.
Considering electric gates for your driveway? Speak to one of our specialists at 1st Choice Security Systems today – Call 0800 1182414.
1st Choice Security Systems - The quality is top rate and the gate looks fantastic, excellent customer service. Thank you–Rebecca Perks
1st Choice Security Systems - When I was looking for a state of the art security solution for my house, I was provided with an in-depth site survey & Consultation (Free of charge) before being given a fantastic service. I am very impressed and would highly recommend.–Dev Patel